- Jewel hair removal device
- Power adapter with cord
- Instruction manual
- Manufacturer’s 1-year limited warranty
What It Does
- Device for removing hair from body areas including the underarms, bikini line, arms, legs, face (below the cheekbones only), back, shoulders and chest
- Intended for use by persons within the Fitzpatrick scale Type I to IV only (see chart in notes)
- Designed for home use
- Clinically tested for safe at-home use
Clinical TestA clinical test of 62 subjects (82.3% female/17.7% male) who are Fitzpatrick scale skin type I-IV with hair color light brown to brown and brown to black, treating 77 areas, including: armpit (26), back (9), bikini (18) chest (6) and legs (18), used the Silk’n Jewel hair reduction device for 6 treatment sessions, 2 weeks apart and when professionally evaluated at 3 and 18 months post treatment reported on average from baseline:
- At 1 month: 82% reduction in regrowth of unwanted hair
- At 3 months: 54% reduction in regrowth of unwanted hair
- At 18 months: 50% reduction in regrowth of unwanted hair
How to Use
- Before treating an area, the skin should be shaved, clean, dry and free of any powders, antiperspirants or deodorants. Do not wax, pluck or tweeze the hair out.
- Turn on device.
- Determine energy level appropriate for your treatment area. The gliding technique works best at lower energy levels.
- Press the treatment surface against your skin, slowly glide the device, working/treating in rows, avoiding gaps or overlaps
- Treatments 1 – 4: Plan two weeks apart.
- Treatments 5 – 7: Plan four weeks apart.
- Treatments 8 +: Treat as needed, until desired results are achieved.
- For the first 2 months, use Silk’n Jewel every other week.
- To maintain your results you should use Silk’n Jewel once a month, or as any non-active/dormant hairs regrow.
Lotion made in USA; device made in Israel Good to Know
- Persons in the following four categories of the Fitzpatrick scale can use this device: – Type I (scores 0-6) always burns, never tans (pale white; blond or red hair; blue eyes; freckles). – Type II (scores 7-13) usually burns, tans minimally (white; fair; blond or red hair; blue, green, or hazel eyes) – Type III (scores 14-20) sometimes mild burn, tans uniformly (cream white; fair with any hair or eye color) – Type IV (scores 21-27) burns minimally, always tans well (moderate brown)
- Persons in the following two categories of the Fitzpatrick scale should not use this device: – Type V (scores 28-34) very rarely burns, tans very easily (dark brown) – Type VI (scores 35-36) Never burns, never tans (deeply pigmented dark brown to darkest brown)
- Permanent hair reduction is defined as a long-term stable reduction in the number of hairs re-growing after a treatment regime.
- Light-based hair removal on darker skin tones may result in adverse effects such as burns, blisters and skin color changes (hyper- or hypo-pigmentation). Your Silk’n Jewel has a skin color sensor that detects the color of your skin automatically. The skin color sensor checks your skin color at the start of, and occasionally during, each treatment.
- The cooling fan makes noise similar to a hair dryer. This is normal.
- With each flash of HPL, there is a popping sound.
- During each light pulse, it is normal to experience a sensation of warmth and tingling.
- It is not uncommon to see some very mild, pink-like skin coloration during or just after a treatment. This is usually most noticeable around the hairs themselves. Stop use immediately if you see full redness of the skin.
- Keep away from your eyes.
- Do not use device after recent sun exposure.
- Device may not be effective on naturally white and light hair.
- Do not treat on areas where you may want hair to grow, as results are permanent.
There are no reviews yet.